Friday, July 19, 2013

Day Nine - Goldshire

On my way out, I saw a poster on a tree for the Twinblades, again.  And that it was posted by GENERAL Zurix.  I was speaking to the general that day?  The leader?  Now I feel bad for brushing him off. I was probably lucky to get out of there with my intestines in place.  Actually, I still could be under threat.  Lots of bandits have that "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.


Quite a few corpses on the way to Goldshire too.  Not humans I think, either.  Big ones.  Elephantine.  Were they orcs maybe?  Despite being a healer, I'm not too familiar with anatomy.  Once a body's to the point where it's a skeleton, it's sort of beyond my expertise.


I never really got the chance to explore much of the town, and I'll explain why in a minute.  The first thing I saw was this giant house that looked like a working bellows.  I don't know how to describe it beyond that.  I'd never seen anything like it.  Of course, I was interested in the blacksmith.  He told me I could learn it as a profession and I almost jumped on him.  I love swords and weapons.  My parents were... well, not blacksmiths but weapon designers, I guess you could say.  They made the fancy hilts and gems for decorative or royal swords.

Marshal Dughan

When I finally found Dughan, he was between the shop and the inn.  Apparently, I didn't read all of the letter, because he said that I've been awarded "acting deputy" status with the Stormwind Marshals.  Holy cow.  I didn't even think I was that good.  Maybe they just need all the bodies they can get around here.  Or maybe they favor healers, and want to keep what they can.  I wonder what Dughan would think if I told him I had no idea who the Stormwind Marshals were, that I'd never met one, and I have no idea where they are.


After that I found the Lion's Pride Inn finally, and talked to Farley.  There are a few interesting people here, but I believe they're more concerned with warlocks and warriors.  Also, the assistant inn-keeper bears a striking family resemblance to the person who directed me here in the first place.

--Caden Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment