Monday, July 22, 2013

Day Ten

Given that I'm now part of the Stormwind Marshals, I decided I better report to Marshal Dughan in the morning.  He looked at me quite strangely -- I guess the military is not as formal here.  Maybe they have poor communication with the ruling capital (which I'm not sure where it is, or even if this world has one.  I suppose there must be a king somewhere).  He actually told me that the "Fargodeep Mine" (wonder who named that) is riddled with Kobolds (again, what is a kobold?)  All he wants me to do is explore the mine and confirm the reports.
Argus

But before I found where that was I got stopped by the Blacksmith (Argus is his name) who asked me to get some armor from a shop in Stormwind.  I didn't feel like I was ready to tackle a big city, but I felt obligated.  Smith kinship, I guess (smithship?)  And he gave me a note to give to the "gryphon master".


I saw this guy before.  He was caretaking a corner behind the forge with gryphon nests.  Real gryphons.  And he had quite the trippy outfit.  I gave him the note, and he said he'd provide me with a gryphon to take to Stormwind.  Half of me was like, no way, not ready for this.  And the other half was like "Hell, yeah, I'll ride a gryphon".  Of course, I had no idea how, but that hardly mattered.  The gryphon needed no commands.  It was like sitting on a wide horse.  Of course, flying was hard to get over, but I managed.

It dropped me off in Stormwind's aerie, and that's where I got my first taste of the big city.

--Caden Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment